We may collect and use your personal information and the contents of all of your online communications on or through the websites as necessary to operate the websites and provide you with our services and content. We use the term “personal information” to describe information that can reasonably be associated with you and can be used to identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been deidentified or aggregated.
Information We May Collect
We may collect personal information from the following sources:
- directly from you (i.e., information you enter into our website including survey responses)
- indirectly from your interactions with our technologies or our website
- public records
- people search databases
- online directories
- other service providers
We may collect the following categories of personal information about persons who interact with our website or use our services:
- personal, registration, and contact information, including name, location information, email address
- professional or employment information, including company name, job titles, department, business phone numbers, business address, corporate website, employment history, professional designations, educational information
- information about your computer and internet connection including IP address, cookies, operating system, browser type, information about your visit to the websites, and data concerning interaction with the websites
We also may collect the following categories of information about the organizations of persons who interact with the websites and use our services:
- identifying information, including name, location, industry, size, business address, business phone numbers, business website, email addresses, job titles
- IP address, cookies, and data concerning interaction with our website
- pages visited and content engaged with
- inquiries, partial inquiries or contact forms, even if abandoned or not submitted
You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (for example, your user name or e-mail address) via comments, messages, postings, or in other public areas of the websites, that information can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. These activities are beyond our control.
We may also provide social media features on the website that enable you to share personal information with your social networks and to interact with the websites. Depending on the features, your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of personal information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use the personal information we collect from persons who interact with the websites for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
- to communicate with you and provide services to you
- to tailor your experience on the websites by showing you content that we think you might be interested in, and to display the content according to your preferences
- to find additional data without you having to enter it
- to process payments and assist in the ordering and sales process
- to save your password so you don’t have to re-enter it
- to conduct audits
- to detect and protect against security incidents
- to market and advertise our company and its products and services
- to meet legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements
- to create security and data analytics, to debug the websites, or for strategic development
When you register for an event, webinar or content item on any of the websites, we will add you to our mailing list and we will share your registration information with the sponsors of the event, webinar or content item and other partners and advertisers (collectively, “Sponsors”). BY REGISTERING FOR THE EVENT, YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS, VIA PHONE AND/OR EMAIL, FROM US, OUR SPONSORS OR RELATED PARTIES AND PARTNERS. You may unsubscribe from our communications at any time, as described below. If you wish to unsubscribe from the Sponsors’ communications, you must contact the Sponsors directly. We are not responsible for the “opt out” policies and practices of the Sponsors.
How We Share Personal Information
We share your registration information with our sponsors, partners, and advertisers, and we may share aggregated demographic and profile data with advertisers, some of whom may be a company located outside of the United States. Also, we may share personal information about you with third parties when we engage them to perform services, including maintenance services, hosting, data storage, security, analytics and data analysis, payment processing, marketing, email and text message distribution, customer service, providing certain interactive tools, and conducting surveys. Third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser and may use non-personally identifiable information about your visit to the websites to provide advertisements about good and services that may be of interest to you. How these third-party companies use your non-personally identifiable information is beyond our control. Cookies can be blocked or deleted via your browser’s privacy settings.
We will disclose information about individual users to governmental or judicial authorities, law enforcement agencies, or other individuals or entities when required to do so by law, such as in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes. Finally, we may share information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities or fraud, or to enforce this Policy and other policies, terms, conditions, and guidelines published on the websites.
Special Rights for Residents of Certain States
Residents of certain states may have enumerated privacy rights including :
- the right to confirm whether we process their personal information
- access and delete certain personal information
- data portability
- opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales
- correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose
- opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects
These rights may be applicable to you. To exercise any of these rights please submit a request here: https://www.actualtechmedia.com/contact/. Your request will be reviewed and if appropriate, the requested action will be taken.
California residents may have the right to request that the company disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following information to you, unless an exception applies:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained
You may also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
In order to verify your identity for the request, we will generally require the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Although we try to limit the personal information collected in connection with a request to exercise the right to know and the right to deletion, certain requests may require us to obtain additional personal information from you. In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the right to know and right to deletion, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity. If you have an authorized agent, that person also may submit requests relating to your rights. We will need to verify the agent’s identity and his/her authority to act on your behalf.
To exercise your rights under California law, please submit a request to https://www.actualtechmedia.com/contact/, and please include “California Privacy Rights” in the message field of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of the rights described above. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these privacy rights, except that the deletion of your personal information may prevent us from providing you content, invitation, or benefit that depends on the processing of your personal information.
Children Under the Age of 18
The websites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the websites or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
We are headquartered in the United States. The websites are hosted and administrated in the United States or hosted with cloud service providers who are headquartered in the United States and are intended for users in the United States.
The websites are not targeted at users outside of North America. GDPR Data Subject Requests Citizens of the EU may submit a Data Subject Request to us via our online contact form, selecting "GDPR Data Subject Request" as the contact reason from the drop-down menu. The contact form is available here.
Opting Out of Communications
Communications from us may include requested communications, such as email newsletters or updates that you expressly requested or consented to receive, and general communications, such as information about products, services, or special offers.
You may “opt out” of receiving any further communications from us by (i) selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our email communications, or (ii) emailing us at email@example.com with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
Last Updated: July, 2022