- Personal Information. Your personal information and the contents of all of your online communications on or through the website may be accessed and monitored as necessary to operate the websites and provide our services and content. When you use the websites, we may collect the following types of information from you: contact information, demographic and profile information, and survey responses. In addition, if you correspond with us by e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages, your e-mail address, and our responses. You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (for example, your user name or e-mail address) via comments, messages, postings, or in other public areas of the websites, that information can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. These activities are beyond our control.
- Use of Registration Information. When you register for an event on any of the websites, we will add you to our mailing list and we will share your registration information with the sponsors of the event and other partners and advertisers (collectively, “Sponsors”). BY REGISTERING FOR THE EVENT, YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS, VIA PHONE AND/OR EMAIL, FROM US AND FROM SPONSORS. You may unsubscribe from our communications at any time, as described below. If you wish to unsubscribe from the Sponsors’ communications, you must contact the Sponsors directly. We are not responsible for the “opt out” policies and practices of the Sponsors.
- Usage Information. We track statistics about visitors to the websites. When you visit the websites, we collect website usage information and information about your computer and internet connection, which may include your computer’s IP address, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, your internet domain, entrance/exit pages, length of visit, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze visitor trends, run the websites, track users’ movement for content optimization purposes, and collect general demographic information. This data is not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Opting Out of Communications. Communications from us may include requested communications, such as email newsletters or updates that you expressly requested or consented to receive, and general communications, such as information about products, services, or special offers. You may “opt out” of receiving any further communications from us by (i) selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our email communications, or (ii) emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
- GDPR Data Subject Requests Citizens of the EU may submit a Data Subject Request to us via our online contact form, selecting "GDPR Data Subject Request" as the contact reason from the drop-down menu. The contact form is available here.
- The security of the websites and the information they store, process and transmit is a top priority. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the information we collect, we deploy a wide range of technical, physical and administrative safeguards. It is important to remember, however, that no system can guarantee 100% security at all times. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information stored on or transmitted to or from the websites. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems.
- Children’s and Minor’s Privacy. The websites are intended for general audiences and are not targeted to children or minors under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children or minors under the age of 18 or utilize plug-ins or ad networks that collect personal information through child-directed third party websites or online services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child or minor under 18, we will take steps to promptly delete the information.
- California Privacy Rights. California residents may request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain information during the preceding calendar year for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us. For all requests, you must put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the message field of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept these requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Last Updated: March 5, 2022