076 – Multi-Cloud Management Fundamentals
The public cloud, contrary to perception, doesn’t make management easier; in most cases, it’s just the opposite, according to Wally McDermid, VP Cloud Business Development for Scality. And when it comes to multi-cloud scenarios, things just get hairier.
Wally discusses these difficulties with ActualTech Media Partner James Green in this episode of “10 on Tech.” It includes these key features needed in a proper multi-cloud management tool:
- Small number of APIs
- Data stored in an open, readable format
- Deployment flexibility, both on-premises and in the cloud
- An open source version available, to avoid lock-in
Wally also details some of Scality’s success stories and how they’ve saved customers both grief and money.
Highlights of the show include:
- Why data is the most challenging part of multi-cloud management
- Applications don’t change often, but data does—and quickly
- The growing problem of government regulations
- Why fewer APIs are better
- How customers are using Scality to manage their clouds
Resource links from the show:
Scality homepage — https://www.scality.com/
The Zenko GitHub project — https://github.com/scality/Zenko
Zenko sandbox environment — https://www.zenko.io/try-zenko/
Solved: The Scality Magazine — https://www.scality.com/solved/
We hope you enjoy this episode; and don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher.