068 – Unlock the Potential in Your Data
Dremio Founder and CEO Tomer Shiran calls his company a “cloud data lake engine.” It sounds very sophisticated—but what does that really mean?
Basically, it means that his company will connect all your data, whether it’s in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or on-premises (or some combination of all of those), and add services that allow you to leverage it for maximum benefit. Sound cool? It is.
Tomer discusses the increasingly-important field of Data-as-a-Service with ActualTech Media Partner James Green in this edition of “10 on Tech.” If you’ve got data scattered all over the place, but don’t know how to get to it or how to make it work to help your bottom line, this is one you can’t miss.
Highlights of the show include:
- How the usage of data has evolved over the years
- Data silos and the current landscape of data fragmentation
- How the cloud has revolutionized the ability to manage and process data
- The challenges of moving data to the cloud
- How Dremio helped Royal Caribbean Cruises lasso their data and extract more value from it
- The growing issue of data explosion
- Importance of the ability to scale up and down according to demand
- Dremio’s storage innovations
Resource links from the show:
Dremio home — https://www.dremio.com/
The Dremio free community edition — https://www.dremio.com/deploy/
Dremio demo — https://www.dremio.com/lp/weekly-live-demo/
Dremio community forum — https://community.dremio.com/
We hope you enjoy this episode; and don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher.