049 – Veeam and the Art of Cloud Data Management
If you’re like most companies, you still probably keep the majority of your data on-premises. But that’s changing rapidly, as more and more data is breaking out of the traditional boundaries and moving to the cloud.
What do you do then? How do you corral that data, keep an eye on it, make sure it’s safe and, if the worst should happen, make sure you can restore it? Those are the topics ActualTech Media’s James Green discusses with Michael Cade, Global Technologist for Veeam Software.
Show highlights include:
- The 3 pillars of cloud data management:
- Criticality of data – keeping it secure and safe
- Growth of data – the amount of data being produced is skyrocketing, leading to new storage methodologies
- Data sprawl – data can literally be anywhere these days. How do you control and manage it?
- The importance of data visibility
- Leveraging data in the cloud, including Software-as-a-Service and multi-cloud environments
- How Veeam is tackling these challenges
Resource links from the show:
Veeam – https://www.veeam.com/
Michael Cade’s Veeam blog – https://www.veeam.com/blog/author/michael-cade
Solution Brief: Cisco HyperFlex Systems and Veeam – https://www.veeam.com/wp-cisco-hyperflex-solution-brief-power-of-hyperconvergence.html
We hope you enjoy this episode; and don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher.