048 – There’s No Such Thing As ‘Zero Risk’
“Risk Management” needs to be more than a slogan, if you want to protect your most valuable assets: it needs to be a mindset. It needs to be a way of life for your organization. To that end, consider the warning of Vijay Chauhan, Sr. Director of Product Marketing for Illumio, that a risk-free environment doesn’t exist.
The conversation then becomes about managing that risk, Chauhan tells ActualTech Media’s James Green in this episode of “10 on Tech.” The nature of risk is also changing in the cloud era, as digital footprints expand. Keeping up is harder than ever, but it can be done. Find out how.
Highlights of the show include:
- The “three buckets” you need to identify to keep your environment safe
- The importance of understanding your adversary
- Why you need to build a “visibility map”
- Practical examples of financial crown jewels that need to be protected
- Growing digital footprints, and how that increases security concerns
Resource links from the show:
Illumio – https://www.illumio.com/
Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 List – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/illumio-named-to-forbes-2018-cloud-100-list-300712355.html
Another Funding Round Completed – https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/07/illumio-series-e/
We hope you enjoy this episode; and don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher.