038 - Doing More – Much More – With Hyperconverged Infrastructure
Hyperconverged infrastructure, also known as HCI, used to be thought of as appliances that basically brought together storage, compute and networking into a single box. But that definition, and the way of doing HCI in general, is changing.
That’s the focus of this “10 on Tech” podcast, which features a discussion with Maxta Founder and CEO Yoram Novick. ActualTech Media’s James Green asks Yoram about the benefits of a software-only HCI solution, and why he thinks it’s the future of HCI. Hint: it can do a lot more than VDI.
Highlights of the show include:
- How the field of hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) has changed over the last several years
- The reasons HCI is transitioning from appliances/integrated systems to best-of-breed components
- The ways in which HCI software changes IT economics
- How software-based HCI allows for greater choice in the data center for things like hardware, hypervisors, virtual machines and containers, etc.
- Common misconceptions about HCI
Resource links from the show:
- Maxta – https://www.maxta.com/
- Hyperconverged.org Website – http://www.hyperconverged.org/
- HCI Vendor Comparison – https://searchconvergedinfrastructure.techtarget.com/feature/Hyper-converged-product-comparison-What-leading-HCI-vendors-offer
We hope you enjoy this episode; and don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher.