034 - Deploying Reliable Storage in Crazy Environments (w/ Cory Stuart)
In this new episode of the 10 on Tech podcast, James Green and Scott D. Lowe of ActualTech Media interview Cory Stuart of Argonne National Laboratory about data storage for the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Program. Cory has some very unique challenges with his data center deployments, and found a solution in Nexsan Unity™ systems. In this interview, Scott and James dig in to some of the finer points of managing data at the edge.
In this interview, you’ll hear:
- A fun overview of the locations of the the laboratory’s data centers and the particulars of these crazy environments
- How Cory and his team leveraged Nexsan storage to deploy a stable storage solution in a small amount of space that is also capable of tolerating these harsh conditions
- Challenges Cory still deals with such as bandwidth in the global context
- Argonne National Laboratory — http://www.anl.gov/
- Nexsan Unity Systems – https://www.nexsan.com/products/unified-storage-unity/
- Press release about this deployment – http://www.nexsan.com/press_releases/nexsan-unity-delivers-in-support-of-atmospheric-radiation-measurement-program/
We hope you listen and enjoy, and don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!