031 - Storage So Fast It'll Make Your Head Spin (w/ Julie Herd)
In this new episode of the 10 on Tech podcast, James Green of ActualTech Media interviews E8 Storage Director of Technical Marketing Julie Herd about E8 Storage, and how NVMe is disrupting the storage industry. NVMe isn’t exactly new to the market, but many still know very little or nothing about it. But if you have apps or workloads that need maximum performance at the lowest latency, you need to know about this technology.
Highlights of the interview:
- What NVMe is, and how it works
- How NVMe differs from SAS and SATA
- E8 Storage’s new approach to unlocking the power of NVMe
- Procurement and deployment options for E8 Storage
- Architecture concerns, including latency and replication
- How E8 Storage set a record for sub-millisecond response time
E8 Storage: https://e8storage.com/
NVMe.org – For more information about the specification
The report showing E8 Storage’s record-breaking performance: http://www.spec.org/sfs2014/results/res2018q1/sfs2014-20171221-00030.html
Register for the ActualTech Media Monitoring and Performance Megacast: actualtech.io/monitoring
Follow Julie Herd on Twitter: (@JulieHerd)
We hope you listen and enjoy, and don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!